6 replies to this topic

#1 Exit 0

Exit 0

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

We have a need at the Local Homeless shelter ..... The Haven House shelter located at 1727 Green street in Jeff had a Sprinkler system head Break off and flooded the Men's Sleeping area and also the kitchen on 2/24/13. Exit 0 Was able to take in 100 Mcdoubles last night into the shelter as well as a generator & lights due to power being off. Right Now everything is back on but clean up continues The Shelter is in need of Basic cleaning supplies such as Bleach, Mops, buckets, disinfectant, Laundry Detergent & Dryer sheets & also Funding due to Serve Pro having to come in to help with this clean up. There is NO NEED for clothing or Furniture. Clothing just needs to get washed not replaced. Canned and Box food is always needed there as well. I want to shout out to the Jeffersonville Fire dept who stayed and helped with this situation also to all the residents who pitched in thru the night. Krones for replacing the sprinkler head with a cost of roughly $560 & Thank you to dominoes, Pizza Hut, Exit 0, Park memorial & to the many others who have helped out as well with Food and other services. They have a Bill with serve pro but have no clue how much could reach upwards to $10,000 Please keep all in prayers and remember DON'T TALK ABOUT IT ... BE ABOUT IT ..... & Remember Mathew 25:40 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me. You never know when you may need a hand like this in your lifetime. Thanks Guys
  • Quasar likes this

#2 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Thank you for sharing this info Paul... I had not heard about this...

#3 Exit 0

Exit 0

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thats why i posted it happened last night around dinner time working on getting supplies in there for them and i know Barb has been working the phone as well

#4 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

:logik: .........upwards o' 10,000 Bux ta clean up water?.......I'm in'a wrong bizzz........ :logik:

#5 aerial

aerial

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hi Bikerdude, yes we are in the wrong business! The flood was isolated to the mens section but had about 3-4 inches of water in it. I want to shout out for Kron's because their bill was submitted and they only charged regular time, not overtime because it happened on a Sunday night, and they stayed until the lights were on, and they discounted the bill. So what could have cost us over 2,000 only cost 538. ServePro is a restoration company and it did happen on a Sunday night. I haven't received the bill yet and they haven't finished working. Everything had to be emptied out Monday after the initial emptying of the water then they had to do the process that eliminates the risk of mold and mildew. Then fans have to run until the walls are thoroughly dry, the fans finally got to go home Sunday. This is what will cost the most. The number is what was thrown out by some of the professionals there because it was a week end and because it was a lengthy process. Serve Pro has been wonderful and they were so quick to get there as well. The level of service has been wonderful. They will do right by us but I am sure it isn't going to be cheap. We live by the skin of our teeth as it is. I will be glad to keep you updated. Thanks for the concern. Our residents did all the manal labor and have done a yeoman's job in doing it so a big shout out to the people who live at Haven House.
  • Bigfoot, Exit 0 and Donna like this

#6 Jeager23

Jeager23

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

I was up for three days starting that Sunday night. Then had to work third shift the next two. It really humbled the residents there. I also wanted to thank everyone who brought food and supplies.
  • GrumpyGranny and Donna like this

#7 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hi Bikerdude, yes we are in the wrong business! The flood was isolated to the mens section but had about 3-4 inches of water in it. I want to shout out for Kron's because their bill was submitted and they only charged regular time, not overtime because it happened on a Sunday night, and they stayed until the lights were on, and they discounted the bill. So what could have cost us over 2,000 only cost 538. ServePro is a restoration company and it did happen on a Sunday night. I haven't received the bill yet and they haven't finished working. Everything had to be emptied out Monday after the initial emptying of the water then they had to do the process that eliminates the risk of mold and mildew. Then fans have to run until the walls are thoroughly dry, the fans finally got to go home Sunday. This is what will cost the most. The number is what was thrown out by some of the professionals there because it was a week end and because it was a lengthy process. Serve Pro has been wonderful and they were so quick to get there as well. The level of service has been wonderful. They will do right by us but I am sure it isn't going to be cheap. We live by the skin of our teeth as it is. I will be glad to keep you updated. Thanks for the concern. Our residents did all the manal labor and have done a yeoman's job in doing it so a big shout out to the people who live at Haven House.

Hi back at'cha!.......well at's a better #,LOL!.......seen 10,000 an' thought ..... :blink: ......WHUT?......
I mean.... :logik: ....professional labor /equip ain't cheap but.......daaayyyum.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users