#42 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

One more time.......$301.50

Second thought......Knowing now that an old man stood Naked in front of the window makes me withdraw my bid of $301.50. I don't want people walking by the house saying "That's where the naked man was" while I'm out cutting grass thinking they're talking about me.

Edited by Ironhorse, 23 February 2013 - 10:14 AM.

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#43 Jeff all my Life

Jeff all my Life

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

There could be several reasons. First it is obviously a "fixer upper". That will keep a lot of people away. Not necessarily because of the money it takes but because of the time it takes. In today's society people don't like to wait. Who wants to move and then start renovations? There are people who like such projects but obviously it's not for everyone so you've cut into your pool of potential buyers. Also the outside looks terrible. It would hard to get anyone to even be interested in looking at such a property. Remember its a buyer's market. People have very many choices on where they can live and this particular property has done nothing to distinguish itself. Then as far as the pool goes, people have figured out that the maintenance can be pain. That's why many people have chosen to buy in neighborhoods that have pools. People are happy to pay a monthly fee to have access toa pool that someone else maintains.

Remember, its a buyer's market and this property has done nothing to entice a buyer to move there. :)

Edited by Jeff all my Life, 23 February 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#44 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

$302.07

#45 princesslacy

princesslacy

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

I would like to put my thoughts into this topic. I am that neighbor that Butch was referring to, it was far worse than stated. It was not just nudity, I will not go into the horrible details. I still have nightmares. I have two young children that watched this crap. The resident was arrested 4 times. The first time the Jeff police officer that was there brought out about 100 pictures of me and my at that time 8 year old daughter. Most of the pictures were displayed in his home. I can only imagine what one might find if they bought this home. I wish someone would buy it or tear it down. My life as well as my children's have been forever changed.
  • TLIES likes this

#46 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Princesslacy, that is horrible! I can't even begin to imagine living through something like that. Hugs to you. Stay strong!
  • Tina and Mary Moore Marconi like this

#47 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

I live about 4 houses away from this, and the reason the house is for sale has nothing to do with Jeffboat, noise pollution, or any of the other reasons that have been listed that make the nighborhood I have lived in my entire life sound "bad".

It's not a bad neighborhood at all!!...I lived very near that location for over 10yrs, loved it there and would have no problems living in that area again...I never even noticed the noise!!...For some of us the sound of crickets at night is just as bad as motorcycle noise is to others...In fact, I also lived in a recently annexed area of the city for 3yrs prior to that but couldn't deal with quiet, so moved as soon as the chance presented itself...I have to have some noise around me to keep from going bonkers...And to go to sleep!!...( I do agree with RF though, I wouldn't have taken down the trees that acted was a privacy buffer).

#48 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Daggone it, Kelley! I really want that garage!

$318.12

I've lived near Jeffboat, too, and the noise really didn't bother us either...and hubby liked watching the cranes moving around. What can I say, he's easily amused. :smile:

#49 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

I live about 4 houses away from this, and the reason the house is for sale has nothing to do with Jeffboat, noise pollution, or any of the other reasons that have been listed that make the nighborhood I have lived in my entire life sound "bad". The previous owner of the house was a pervert that had a thing for the nieghbor across the street, got thrown in jail for stalking, (and standing in front of the window naked on Halloween), and I heard had a restraining order placed on him that would not allow him to return to his house. Most of this was in the newspaper. The house has been sitting "falling apart" for several years. It has been many, many years since the indoor pool could be really called indoor, because of the holes in the roof of the building. It definitely could be a very nice place to live, but would take a LOT of money to rebuild. I like this neighborhood, and don't have any problem with Jeffboat.

Not everyone would be aware of this story but would only have to stand there for a little while and hear the problems I listed. :phone:

#50 i like squirrels

i like squirrels

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

I hate the location, but absolutely love the home. It's too bad the whole lot couldn't just be packed up and moved to another location. A few years back I went past this place and saw who I assumed was the owner working outside and asked if I could ask some questions about the place. Took a small tour around the first floor, and then the pool house.

The pool house is actually an enclosed pool. It's not big, maybe 25 feet by 15 feet. Double french doors front and back can be opened up to bring in the sunshine, and it has / had windows on the sides that open up. Ornate italian tile around the edges of the pool. Pool is maybe 6 feet deep. Had the look inside of a Italian cabana. At the time it had a fresco with twinning ivy painted across the walls and flower pots with small trees set in the corners. Actually pretty.
Inside had a very nice staircase with what i think he said was hand turned walnut railings and spindels, very graceful. It did have the original glass, I thinks these are 6 feet tall windows. Lots of crown molding. Nice wood floors throughout. Had some quirks about it, pocket doors and small side staircases ( like servant ways), and the rooms were not huge, but still had a nice feel to the place.

And I believe he said that "garage" was actually at one time a coach house. Upper floor was for storage.

I really hope someone with the time and money can rescue this place. Imagine what it could look like.
Beautiful molding on the outside of that house, (they don't make them like that anymore.), with a freshly painted exterior and beautiful landscapeing all around . The pool refurbished to be what it once was, all fresh and sparkleing and inviteingly cool.
The interior redone with fresh paint and gilding on the woodwork. The floors polished to golden warmth in the slanting rays of the sunshine coming through those wonderful windows. Lots of possibilities here.

It's an "if only..." for me, tho. Wishful thinking...

Edited by i like squirrels, 23 February 2013 - 02:10 PM.

• Tina likes this

#51 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

OK.......Back in again I guess.......$320.09. I can always turn it into a nice steak, fish and woodford reserve place.

#52 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Well, Ironhorse, if you're not going to offer Wild Turkey, I'll just have to keep bidding...$346.87.

#53 umc

umc

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

I'm in at tree fitty. I'll buy it and then level it to give PrincessLacy some closure. Maybe put some trees or a playground in it's place for happier times.

Edited by umc, 23 February 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#54 Gabriella

Gabriella

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

That tree growing into the foundation would give me pause. The house IS gorgeous, no matter it's condition though. Perhaps they asked too little and people were afraid of the possible reasons as to why?

We rehabbed two houses in our old city from the ground up. Was a lot of work, and frankly, I don't have the energy for that anymore. My husband rehabbed houses for a living, so he did the majority of the work himself. Me, I was banned from power tools, but could paint! lol

#55 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

$350.50

#56 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

$362.18

#57 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

:pirate:
5 Hunner'dollars!..........

(NOW........by gawd.......start'a counter bid'n,LOL!......)

#58 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

$500.01

#59 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members