127 replies to this topic

#21 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Tina , I just looked at the pictures of the inside of the house .. I will have to sawy to strip the wall paper off those walls would test anyone's relationship .

#22 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

:laugh:

True - I'm sure many a marriages have ended by fixing up a house!
  • backinthegame likes this

#23 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

:logik: ...... :logik: Ack'chly.......fer it's age......don't look bad......from' a pics,don't see no sag'n roof/cornice lines.......all'a wind'as look like they all line up in'a strait line 'cross the tops of'em....AND...... :logik: be s'prised whut 'at ol' glass ......if original......is worth.....BUX......call it 'waterglass' , cuzz when yer look'n thru it.....it'a look 'wavy'......back when they pour'd glass , an' roll'd it out in sheets (an' nahh.....I ain' a glass dude,hahaha....) looks like the staircase's is in good shape but......got'a tell ya......'at pink bathroom'd have'ta GO!,hahahaha......anyways.....doors on'a back,or where-ever.....look like they still lineup with each other.....structural wise?..... :logik: judge'n from'a pics.....looks sound......I'd hav'ta do a walk-thru......an' I would......have all'a fireplaces/ fluliners chek'd a'fore I stoke'd 1 o' them dudes up.......the Jules chic said 1/4 Mill........I'd say whole scrape/repaint , cleanup outside......'long with go'n thru the inside (I'd HAVE ta see it,do a walkthru......)......hire'n subs an' diff'rnt trades......could go 'at,easily.....IF.......EVERthing inside's gone thru.....

This place got'a LOT'a character (know of a 'nuther'n 'at does too,LOL!......... :laugh: )
if this place was sit'n in say......?......Anchorage.......after rehab......it'd bring Mill 1/2.....couple Mill......on some ground....acre,acre1/2 or better......EASY.....'course.......ya would'n buy it out there,even in the current shape fer 130K.......no way.... :no:

( An'.......?.......whut'a hell's with'a curtain hang'n out'a doors?......LOL!.....An' got 'box'd-in' gutter system looks like.....if they got'a be got into/repair'd.....pricey......all'a cornice got'a come apart.....)

Edited by Bikerdude, 22 February 2013 - 07:54 PM.

• Jules and Tina like this

#24 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

It looks like a dark, dank, money pit. Too much for a young couple to get into with all the upgrades it needs.

:logik: .......Ta the untrain'd eye......yeah.....got'a ha'some vision,dude......hahahaha.......I been in/ work'd on worse.......waaaay worse...... :laugh:
  • Tina likes this

#25 umc

umc

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Most buyers don't have vision. They can only see what is, not what could be. I think that the poorly lit photos of what appears to be kind of a dirty house would be enough to turn many away. Clean it up, do some painting inside (start with that bathroom), and get better photos. The first impression there just isn't great. Just my 2 cents.
  • Jules likes this

#26 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Me too..I kinda like it, but experience tells me the upgrades in this turn of the century charmer will be more than meets the eye. The plumbing alone in these old places can be a fortune to update.

Oh yeah.........d'pend'n on shape of elecrical/HVAC.......?........like'a Jules chic said......could go 200K on rehab'n.....full blown....pool.....all'at....

#27 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Do I get taxpayer funds?

Hmmmm...sounds like a question a democrat might ask! Doubt if an offer has been made yet but already wanting tax dollars.

Well lets see.....if you open a restaurant you might qualify for a $10,000 facade grant, a $75,000 5 year forgivable loan for restaurants, and perhaps a loan from Jeffersonville's revolving loan program!

#28 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

:logik: .............?............. :logik: ...........Huh...... :blink: .......could'a sworn I heard sumthin' ...... :wacko: ....... :shrug:

:tongue:

See, a perfect match!! :)

#29 Serve

Serve

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Tina, I would find a good realtor in this area to go through the house and give you a professional opinion why your house will not sell.

I can guess though! The pool knocks out alot of buyers.. they don't want one. The amount of money to make it liveable, which can not be borrowed on top of the mortgage could be a problem too! The buyer would either need the cash or be able to leverage other assets to put the money in it.

Good luck selling it though. I know a couple good realtors around town if you want to message me, I could recommend one.

#30 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Needed: New Electrical wiring, plumbing, insulation, plaster, window help (Granny, you ain't kiddin' on drafty!) painting, siding, roofing, groundwork, oh, trust me, the list goes on! Then, how do you afford the utilities on that space? It'd be a boondoogle at $49.50! Not to mention the noise & pollution thrown off by JeffBoat. Best of luck selling that place!

#31 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

I bid $69.95.

Cash.

#32 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Tina, I would find a good realtor in this area to go through the house and give you a professional opinion why your house will not sell.

I can guess though! The pool knocks out alot of buyers.. they don't want one. The amount of money to make it liveable, which can not be borrowed on top of the mortgage could be a problem too! The buyer would either need the cash or be able to leverage other assets to put the money in it.

Good luck selling it though. I know a couple good realtors around town if you want to message me, I could recommend one.

LOL

I am am Realtor. But i was not the one for this house.

#33 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Well, shoot, if we're bidding on it, I'll go a hundred bucks, cash. We'll turn it into Chatter Headquarters...

Edited to add...but I get private use of the garage!
  • ChopperWoman likes this

#34 Matt

Matt

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Well, shoot, if we're bidding on it, I'll go a hundred bucks, cash. We'll turn it into Chatter Headquarters...

Edited to add...but I get private use of the garage!

Get in with the right crowd and we can lease it to you for a dollar a year and have 99 to buy beer on.

#35 18shortcreek

18shortcreek

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

That home was owned by Jasper Clem who as I remember was in charge of the telephone company office when it used to be over where the 300 Spring St.. Hall is now. This was when then JPPenney had a store in what is now the 300 and the telephone company had all their operators up on the second flour. We had a party line and the operators had to answer an ask us what number we wanted to call. Our old number was 414-W and the person on the other line was 414-J.

I don't know who the owners were after the Clems left(died?). It was a lovely house back then. This was before Jeff Boat even came to Jeff and the remnants of the old shipyard was still there. Dr. Reeder lived across the street from this house. I think the location certainly is a problem. We live a number of blocks away and can hear the sirens, steel being dropped and whistles blowing. I wouldn't care to live so close.

I do believe the house would sell as some folk just like old homes and like to rescue them. There is a certain respectability about an old home if it can be rehabed. Anyone who gardens would take the garden on and in a few years have it back in good shape. Anyone who doesn't garden shouldn't even consider it.
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#36 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

I can tell you exactly why the people want it sold and no one wants it at any price. It is for the same reason I am moving! Noise pollution
and stupid, inconsiderate people.
And Jeffersonville Police are partly to blame.
You have loud motorcycles whose riders think it is their duty to gun their engines as they shift between gears, (no offense Dude) headed up river as well as loud trucks and cars with blaring radios taking off from that stop sign like bats out of hell, speeding and squealing tires, with windows down and radios blasting loud enough to wake the dead at all hours of the day and night once the weather gets above 60. Same thing here on Riverside.
No attempt at enforcing the noise ordinance.
Then you have Jeffboat, who should be made to put up a sound barrier fence both for noise and ascetics, as the interstates do, which would help tremendously.
Our new society. ..all about me, me, me....no respect for anyone else!

#37 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Damnit, Granny. Can't believe you outbid me.

$110.

#38 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

I can tell you exactly why the people want it sold and no one wants it at any price. It is for the same reason I am moving! Noise pollution
and stupid, inconsiderate people.
And Jeffersonville Police are partly to blame.
You have loud motorcycles whose riders think it is their duty to gun their engines as they shift between gears, (no offense Dude) headed up river as well as loud trucks and cars with blaring radios taking off from that stop sign like bats out of hell, speeding and squealing tires, with windows down and radios blasting loud enough to wake the dead at all hours of the day and night once the weather gets above 60. Same thing here on Riverside.
No attempt at enforcing the noise ordinance.
Then you have Jeffboat, who should be made to put up a sound barrier fence both for noise and ascetics, as the interstates do, which would help tremendously.
Our new society. ..all about me, me, me....no respect for anyone else!

:laugh: ......Hahahahaha......non taken.......only bark'd 'em come'n 'round yer corner couple'a times ta say...HI ! :tongue: .....

House fer house......even though that'ns got lot'a character......I'd take yers 10 times over....house an' locationwise.... :thumbsup:

Now YER place....... :logik: ......IMO........make a DANG GOOD Bed/breakfast........ :thumbsup: .......an' I think it'd git'a people traffic,too...... :yes:

#39 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

$253.58....last best and final.

#40 ButchKeeney

ButchKeeney

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

I live about 4 houses away from this, and the reason the house is for sale has nothing to do with Jeffboat, noise pollution, or any of the other reasons that have been listed that make the nighborhood I have lived in my entire life sound "bad". The previous owner of the house was a pervert that had a thing for the nieghbor across the street, got thrown in jail for stalking, (and standing in front of the window naked on Halloween), and I heard had a restraining order placed on him that would not allow him to return to his house. Most of this was in the newspaper. The house has been sitting "falling apart" for several years. It has been many, many years since the indoor pool could be really called indoor, because of the holes in the roof of the building. It definitely could be a very nice place to live, but would take a LOT of money to rebuild. I like this neighborhood, and don't have any problem with Jeffboat.
  • TLIES likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users