30 replies to this topic

#21 Poppie

Poppie

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

where is la pasadita ? we tried the seafood place on 62 and it was ok. way too expensive for frozen bar type of food. $50 for two cheesburger dinners and two fish dinners, plus drinks. wont be going back.

#22 Freedom

Freedom

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

"the old Pizza King building"

Wasn't that Mr. Gatti's for a while?

#23 CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

"the old Pizza King building"

Wasn't that Mr. Gatti's for a while?

No, as far as I can remember there has never been a Mr. Gattis in Charlestown.

#24 hoosiermom

hoosiermom

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

yes it will be Pizza King...just waiting on the new cooler to be shipped in and its about ready to open. a few guys i know are opening it and i hope everyone visits to help them be a success.

#25 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

Pizza King is opening today. Going there for supper. When my wife worked for Liberty bank we had lunch there at least three times a month. They had a great steak sandwich.
  • hoosier1470 likes this

#26 hoosier1470

hoosier1470

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Yep...they are opening at 6pm today!! Their new phone number is 256-2723. As far as I'm concerned..pizza king is much better than that nasty crap papa johns or dominos call pizza!! And Charlestown pizza company is pretty good...but you better have a wad of cash when you go!! Their special pizza called the "Mac Daddy" is good...but for the large one you are looking at $40 bucks!! That's rights...for one pizza!! No drinks..no bread sticks..just a pizza!! Pizza King always had good lunch deals!! And that has not changed!! You can still get all of the same sandwiches they used to have along with chips and a pickle for $3.85!!! And if you want an entire sandwich ...its $6.95...you could buy 5 or 6 of those for the price of one pizza at CPC!!! In about 4 weeks, they will offer a buffet!! I hope to see them do well!! With the low quality of the chain shops...and the high price of CPC...I think they will be a great addition!! And little Caesars!!! Well...let's just say that you get what you pay for!! Some like it...and Hey!! That's cool!! But I like to taste the food that I'm eating...and to be honest...theirs just don't have any!!! Now..I'll close with this...if you are looking for what is by far the best pizza place in the area...head west on County road 160 for 9 miles...and you will find The newly rebuilt Goodfellas Pizza in Henryville!! Their pizza has been voted the best of Louisville many times!! And their new menu additions to go along with their new building...offers some of the best in the area!!! They are by far the best in my book!!

#27 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

Any word on the new bar-b-que place opening up in the square?

#28 hoosier1470

hoosier1470

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

The new pizza king is open!! And they have a line out the door...about 20 deep!! It seems everyone was happy happy happy to see pizza king come back to Chuck town!! Papa Johns across the street looks deserted!! Their delivery drivers are standing around with nothing to do!! I think Charlestown Pizza Company better rethink their prices or they won't be in business long....the most expensive thing on the menu at pizza king is $19.99...for the biggest pie they have with everything on it!!! Congrats to the New Charlestown Pizza King!!! Glad you are back!!!

#29 ctownmom

ctownmom

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

No comparison between Pizza King and CPC. Two completely different products. I know a lot if the kids live Pizza King. I'm a CPC fan.

#30 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Two different types. I like both. I'm a fan of both.
  • Bigfoot likes this

#31 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

No comparison between Pizza King and CPC. Two completely different products. I know a lot if the kids live Pizza King. I'm a CPC fan.

Exactly. CPC is more expensive than Pizza King for the same reason Morton's is more expensive than Ponderosa. That being said, I like Pizza King too and am glad to see it back in Charlestown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users