30 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

I see where someone is remodeling the inside of the old Pizza King building. It has sat empty for a very long time. Anyone know what the plan is?

#2 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Which building is the old Pizza King building?

#3 rhouchens

rhouchens

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

We were told by a city councilman last night that Pizza King was coming back along with Subway and that there is a Chillers coming to Charlestown.

#4 Chico

Chico

BANNED TROLL

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Holy s#*%! Maybe the city should apply for federal money to improve the infrastructure to support all the new business.

Edited by Chico, 11 February 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#5 Baseboard

Baseboard

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

That makes sense. Open the same failed business in the same old spot that has then sat empty for years.

Price point wise it will not be able to compete with Little C.
Family dinning wise it will not be able to compete with Ctown Pizza Co

Personally, I love the corn crusted pizza and hope the best but it just does not make sense.

#6 CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

From what I remember the Pizza King was always pretty busy. That's why I was amazed that they never rebuilt. To me the Pizza King will be a product somewhere between Little C and CPC. The Subway is definitely needed.

BTW Dave, it's the little white building with brown trim that going towards the hospital is on the right just past Dollar General.

#7 masey

masey

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Didn't Pizza King have a fire or something and never reopened? There was a reason and can't remember why. The Pizza was always really good. If it is as good I will go there. Hope it is. We always did carry out there.

#8 CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Yep, it was a fire.

#9 rez

rez

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Subway is going in beside Jay Cs

#10 Chico

Chico

BANNED TROLL

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Unfortunately C-Town has never,and probably will never (at least in the foreseeable future) be able to support more than pizza/sandwich/burger joints. It just doesn't have the economy to support a nicer family restaurant. I wish it did.

#11 Baseboard

Baseboard

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Give it ten years and watch out. This growth of the ammo plant will be bring more sub 200k homes to the area with the addition of the bridge.

#12 goody200

goody200

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I hope the development will come to this city. It has beautiful infrastructure. Unfortunately it also has a big problem within the city limits with too many family's on gov't assistance. That is a huge drawback.

#13 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Look at the outskirts... judging by the homes I see there is a lot of wealth in the Charlestown area. The problem is getting people to spend the money here. If a few more anchor restaurants (CPC and La Pasidata are top-notch and would thrive in larger markets) and other businesses brought people downtown it would certainly get the ball rolling.

#14 masey

masey

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

There is a lot of wealth in Charlestown but also a lot of low income. A lot of nice people that need better paying jobs. In my older neighborhood there are way to many people buying up the homes for rentals. There are 8 rentals in a 2 block area with 3 empty. (East part of town) NOT good. The pizza places do ok because it feeds a lot of people for the money. I think people are better about buying local but Jay-C prices are getting pretty high.
  • rez likes this

#15 Chico

Chico

BANNED TROLL

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

A lot of low income families in C-Town are in a situation where they have to drive to Jeff, Clarksville, etc to work. That and the price of gas, insurance, groceries, and everything else always going up, they can't get ahead. I hope the new developement helps.

#16 masey

masey

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

It is hard for some to get ahead and I know some of the rentals right here are $700-$750 a month without any utilities.

#17 Baylee

Baylee

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

You got to be kidding me??? Another pizza place?!?

#18 Irv

Irv

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

I hope the development will come to this city. It has beautiful infrastructure. Unfortunately it also has a big problem within the city limits with too many family's on gov't assistance. That is a huge drawback.

Beautiful infrastructure? Seriously? Street lights and sidewalks to nowhere do not constitute a beautiful infrastructure. We need improvements outside of Market St. Our water is an infrastructure nightmare full of minerals and sequestering chemicals. Drainage problems. Portable classrooms at our elementary school. The Civic Center being allowed to deteriorate. Let's not be distracted by the shiny surface. We need serious improvements before we get to beautiful.
  • Palmtree2 likes this

#19 Orange Guzzi

Orange Guzzi

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Look at the outskirts... judging by the homes I see there is a lot of wealth in the Charlestown area. The problem is getting people to spend the money here. If a few more anchor restaurants (CPC and La Pasidata are top-notch and would thrive in larger markets) and other businesses brought people downtown it would certainly get the ball rolling.

These are the latest numbers from nexus lexus: Charlestown City population is 11,961 number of people recieving some sort of government subsidies: 1076. That is less than 10%. U.S. Census says that 20.9% are below poverty level. County wide 14.1% are below. Average poverty level in Clark County is 11.9%. The State of Indiana is 14.1%. Charlestown Township is one of the wealthest areas in the Louisville Metro area though.

#20 masey

masey

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

I see a lot of people using the new sidewalks and it sure beats people walking up the middle of the highway. As for the portable classrooms, I don't think they are using them as classrooms now---I may be wrong but don't think so. Anyone know? Water is better on my end of town. I do wish the city would branch out more into the neighborhood for cleaner streets etc. but can't expect the city to do it all. Takes everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users