1 reply to this topic

#1 jiyabird

jiyabird

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

There used to be a few small storefronts around where you could take your items and they would list, box and mail on Ebay for a percentage.
Don't see them anymore.
There is one place in town where I took some neat things and THOUGHT they were to be listed on Ebay but instead only listed to a small clientele and as a result sold for far less than their worth and the daggone place took 50 percent! Never again. They didn't start the bids high enough to begin with...what were they thinking?
I have several things I want to list but do not have the time.
Anyone know of anyplace still open that won't charge an arm and a leg?

#2 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

I don't know of any store fronts. I mostly buy on Ebay as selling on there can be a pain and costly once you figure in the Ebay & Paypal fees. Sometimes up to 20-30% in Ebay and paypal fees. If the seller claims something is broken or breaks it when they get it you will be charged back and they return the broken item and your out the money and the item.

If possible I would say try to sell local first. Craigslist can be a bit tricky but will save some money. With craiglist make sure you put in there that you will not ship, will meet them in a public place and only take cash and require they use a special subject in their email so you can cut out the scammers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users