51 replies to this topic

#1 Bedford

Bedford

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

I just tried to drive past Red Carpet Liquors when I saw a police car barricade my path at Brigman Lane, forcing me to detour. There was another police car blocking traffic from entering Crestview at 8th Street, another police car behind Red Carpet, and then 3 more beside it, causing 6 cars there total, all flashing theirr red and blue lights. Yellow police tape was is use. They were there when I came back thru from Rally's. Anyone know what's up?

#2 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

From what I have been told there has been a shooting . My mother lives near by so I made sure she was ok and her doors are locked .
I'm not sure if they have a suspect in custody .

#3 Cutiedoll58

Cutiedoll58

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

A robbery gone bad and a man around 50 was shot several times and taken to Uof L and is in surgery no other details

#4 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,783 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

A robbery at red carpet or elsewhere in that area?

#5 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

The news is saying Red Carpet .

#6 Cutiedoll58

Cutiedoll58

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

yes Red Carpet and they talked about a store clerk but just caught the every end the 2nd time the news ran it

#7 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Posted: Dec 29, 2012 9:47 PM EST Updated: Dec 29, 2012 11:36 PM EST

JEFFERSONVILLE, IN (WAVE) - One man was taken the hospital after Jeffersonville Police say she was shot multiple times.
It was around 9:15 Saturday night when police say a man walked into Redcarpet Liquors at Eighth Street and Crescentview Court
and attempted to rob the business.That's when police say the clerk was shot. A co-worker said he is in his 50s.
Police say they are only looking for one person, a man, but do not have a description.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.

Edited by RiverFox, 29 December 2012 - 11:50 PM.

• Cutiedoll58 likes this

#8 Cutiedoll58

Cutiedoll58

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Thanks for the additional info Riverfox I go in there once and a while golly scary.

#9 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,783 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Thanks for the information. Lived in the area for years. Hate to hear this.

#10 Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

The Dairy Mart at Colonial and 8th was also armed robbed the other night. Fortunately nobody got hurt.

#11 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Still no word on the clerk's condition? Omg I hope he pulls through. Praying!
  • GrumpyGranny and Quasar like this

#12 sameosameo

sameosameo

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

God help us all. Someone better step up and run these drug users, drug dealers out of town.

#13 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

:logik:
tell'n ya people......only gonna git worse......reason ya need'a have 1 o' deeezz.....an' learn how ta use it.....

http://www.springfie...?clicktype=1911

http://www.smith-wes...playErrorView_Y

http://www.mossberg....special-purpose
  • Oldgoat and jiyabird like this

#14 cindiloohoo

cindiloohoo

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

tell'n ya people......only gonna git worse......reason ya need'a have 1 o' deeezz.....an' learn how ta use it.....

Good grief. We don’t have any information about the particulars of the shooting yet, such as what the clerk was doing at the time of the shooting (perhaps stocking the cooler and the shooter managed to sneak up behind), whether or not the clerk was trying to reach a weapon kept under the counter, or any other number of scenarios where the clerk couldn’t have possibly reached a weapon in time to defend himself, even if he had one on his person in a holster. Yet the knee-jerk reaction of some is to shout “git yourself some big donkey shootin’ irons!” Let’s get real here - all the big donkey shootin’ irons in the world won’t protect you in a situation where someone manages to get a gun aimed at you before you can aim back, will they? In fact, the ONLY way to ensure that somebody won’t “get the drop” on you is to have your weapon in hand, loaded, round in the chamber and this….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-5V2ZbX4i4&list=FLTP2B90yXHhhmBRlZWCocuA&index=30

Does anyone except the nuttiest of nuts think that would be a good idea?

This happened just a few blocks from my house and, yes, it’s pretty upsetting for me. I was in that store just a few days before Christmas buying wine and liquor presents for friends.

I don’t know what the answer is to lessening the opportunities for these kinds of crimes beyond installing very expensive entrance screening (i.e. metal detectors) for those types of businesses where they usually occur (liquor stores, convenience stores, motel offices), and an armed guard to man the screeners, along with some kind of bullet-proof shield and lock-down procedure if a possible weapon is detected by the screening. I don’t see something like that as being a very practical (not to mention affordable) solution for those types of businesses. And you can bet your donkey that a lot of the more passionate right-to-carry supporters would be screaming their heads off about not being able to carry their weapons into those places - or anywhere they want, actually. So I don’t know what the answer is, but simply thinking that having a bunch of “big donkey shootin’ irons” is going to be some kind of magical protective shield against these types of crimes is pretty foolish. And, no, I don’t want to hear about how some responsible gun owning citizen could have prevented or mitigated this crime – if the shooter waited until he was sure the clerk was alone in the store there’s no way that could have happened.

#15 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

You forgot one,

http://us.glock.com/...s/model/g22gen4
  • Bikerdude and jiyabird like this

#16 Gabriella

Gabriella

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Lots of answers....but as to whether or not they'd work depends upon the situations. Drive-thru windows with those sliding thingys to pass money and merchandise? Better mental health care in this country? More opportunities for job training and jobs that pay LIVING wages? Everybody talks about guns, guns, guns....but they're neither the problem NOR the answer. We gotta back up here and look at the underlying problems first.
  • GrumpyGranny and Beading Lady like this

#17 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Blame it on the "Diversity and tolerance" craze. These scumbags all too often live in public housing (subsidized by those they victimize) or with overly "understanding" parents that should have put the boot on them years ago. Unfortunately, being a drug dealer or thief is just another profession in todays liberal culture. They are rarely ostracized or punished. They live as comfortably in jail/prison as they do outside. They are a virulent and potentially fatal disease to our country and way of life. Unless we cease to tolerate this behavior in those we know or have the misfortune of being related to, each of us will likely have our turn at being their victim.

Edited by Oldgoat, 30 December 2012 - 12:58 PM.

• beatleschick and jiyabird like this

#18 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,277 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Cindiloohoo, if you have any liquor left we can all come over and talk about the shooting......
  • kelley likes this

#19 Mary

Mary

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I can't believe there's no description of a suspect. I have made many purchases there over the years and I am pretty certain there are all kinds of security cameras because of robberies in the past. Same thing at Dairy Mart. Why haven't either of these robberies been published or posted online on the Evening News site?
  • GrumpyGranny and backinthegame like this

#20 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Good grief. We don’t have any information about the particulars of the shooting yet, such as what the clerk was doing at the time of the shooting (perhaps stocking the cooler and the shooter managed to sneak up behind), whether or not the clerk was trying to reach a weapon kept under the counter, or any other number of scenarios where the clerk couldn’t have possibly reached a weapon in time to defend himself, even if he had one on his person in a holster. Yet the knee-jerk reaction of some is to shout “git yourself some big donkey shootin’ irons!” Let’s get real here - all the big donkey shootin’ irons in the world won’t protect you in a situation where someone manages to get a gun aimed at you before you can aim back, will they? In fact, the ONLY way to ensure that somebody won’t “get the drop” on you is to have your weapon in hand, loaded, round in the chamber and this….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-5V2ZbX4i4&list=FLTP2B90yXHhhmBRlZWCocuA&index=30

Does anyone except the nuttiest of nuts think that would be a good idea?

This happened just a few blocks from my house and, yes, it’s pretty upsetting for me. I was in that store just a few days before Christmas buying wine and liquor presents for friends.

I don’t know what the answer is to lessening the opportunities for these kinds of crimes beyond installing very expensive entrance screening (i.e. metal detectors) for those types of businesses where they usually occur (liquor stores, convenience stores, motel offices), and an armed guard to man the screeners, along with some kind of bullet-proof shield and lock-down procedure if a possible weapon is detected by the screening. I don’t see something like that as being a very practical (not to mention affordable) solution for those types of businesses. And you can bet your donkey that a lot of the more passionate right-to-carry supporters would be screaming their heads off about not being able to carry their weapons into those places - or anywhere they want, actually. So I don’t know what the answer is, but simply thinking that having a bunch of “big donkey shootin’ irons” is going to be some kind of magical protective shield against these types of crimes is pretty foolish. And, no, I don’t want to hear about how some responsible gun owning citizen could have prevented or mitigated this crime – if the shooter waited until he was sure the clerk was alone in the store there’s no way that could have happened.

Well.......?......ya make some good points,I rec'n......le'me see if I can make 'is short....might be hard cuzzz......remember it like yesterday....search'n for the original story but.....this's best can do.....
http://www.wave3.com...-tellers-killer

was in THIS BRANCH......National City,Indian Hills branch.....'at very morn'n @ 9:10 .....bank'd been open 'bout 10 min.....made a deposit with this lady , like had done many times b'fore....nice lady......use ta be a convienience store b'side it.....visit'd 'at too.....jus'like any other day. Think the robbery went down 'round....?.....lil' after 10:00 ,b'lieve.......the punk shot this lady as he jump'd over the teller counter.....no warn'n, no "gi'me yer cash" .....nuth'n....just in'a door,walk'd 3 steps ta the teller wind'a an' BOOM!..... :no: ....... :mad: I was work'n not 500 yds down'a street..... :logik:

Shooter came out'a the bank.....walk'd the length o' the building,went THRU the convenience store to the rear exit where car was wait'n.....German lady 'at run'a place said he jus' walk'd real calmly thru,while everbody in'a store jus'......FROZE..... :logik:

I dunno whut my point is but......often wunder'd if this had gone down while I was there,or in'a store......if I'da react'd.....cuzzz......that day,jus' like any other day......carry'n a .45........ :logik: .......Even though the teller was fatally wound'd......SOMEbody,citizen with a weapon could'a took this dude out......would or could I?.......if in'a bank.....?......tuff call......in'a store?.......after all'a comotion,I'da been on'a 'alert'......can tell ya 'at much.....

:logik: ......WORSE part o' this is.......Indian Hills Police dept at'a time was......50 feet 'cross the street... :mad: ...along with'a school.....
(2-3 officers in'a store EVERday with coffee/donuts.....chitchat with'a owner......go fig'r.......)

Red Carpet incident might'a went down close ta the same way......jus'.....in'a door ,an' BOOM !......
  • jiyabird likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users