8 replies to this topic

#1 btaull

btaull

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

Thank god...someone with a brain has finally said no to increases...What happened to that is the cost of doing businee..Rainy day fund maybe??....Fema???...Remember "MARBLE HILL" the great saviour for cheap and bountifull electricity...Call up duke and ask for a detailed bill..You will be suprised at the add on fees...connectivy..pole usage..etc..etc..Sorry about the raving but this needs to be controlled..
not only Duke... but all utilities...the phone addons...mmmm dont get me started on the FREE phones we are paying for.....

http://www.courier-j...ice-storm-costs

Edited by btaull, 29 December 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#2 chas

chas

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Check out the universal connectivity charge on all telephones, land line or cell phones and cable bills, they all have this and it may have been useful many years ago but not now.

#3 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thank god...someone with a brain has finally said no to increases...What happened to that is the cost of doing businee..Rainy day fund maybe??....Fema???...Remember "MARBLE HILL" the great saviour for cheap and bountifull electricity...Call up duke and ask for a detailed bill..You will be suprised at the add on fees...connectivy..pole usage..etc..etc..Sorry about the raving but this needs to be controlled..
not only Duke... but all utilities...the phone addons...mmmm dont get me started on the FREE phones we are paying for.....

http://www.courier-j...ice-storm-costs

Every time I see my electric bill it makes me sick. about $40 a month is just their misc fees. I pay $170 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. I can't wait to get out of here and into a more energy efficient house.

#4 Chico

Chico

BANNED TROLL

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Every time I see my electric bill it makes me sick. about $40 a month is just their misc fees. I pay $170 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. I can't wait to get out of here and into a more energy efficient house.

Tell that to the guy climbing the pole in your backyard at 3am in the rain or snow to get the powwer back on.

#5 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Tell that to the guy climbing the pole in your backyard at 3am in the rain or snow to get the power back on.

Its not really the electric company at fault. the apartment complex i live in was cheap with their insulation even though the place is newer. Once I get into a energy efficient home I should be able to save quite a bit of money.

#6 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Semi-Retired

• Administrators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Its not really the electric company at fault. the apartment complex i live in was cheap with their insulation even though the place is newer. Once I get into a energy efficient home I should be able to save quite a bit of money.

Good luck, lol. Our house is "energy efficient" in regard to our gas bill, but our electric bill is sky high!

#7 TLIES

TLIES

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

I pay $170 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment.

That is high, I only pay that much in August with A/C and a swimming pool running. For a Ranch home.

#8 Kruger87

Kruger87

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Tell that to the guy climbing the pole in your backyard at 3am in the rain or snow to get the powwer back on.

Have not seen that guy in several years!! After all it is his or her job to climb a pole or with todays equipment, go up in a bucket on the truck!! If he or she does not like doing this in bad conditions try a new career field!

#9 Mary

Mary

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Check out the universal connectivity charge on all telephones, land line or cell phones and cable bills, they all have this and it may have been useful many years ago but not now.

Those universal connectivity fees-are what funds the federal Lifeline Assistance program which offers those "free" cell phones with 250 free minutes and 250 free texts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users