Dan and Dana Lawhorn

#3 GreenShoes

GreenShoes

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Is this place any good? I'm desperate for an amazing, mom-and-pop pizza like the one I get in my hometown but have yet to find anything remotely close around here.

#4 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 4,736 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

It's a Pizza King style pizza... it's ok but nothing special in my book.

#5 Sir Dano

Sir Dano

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hello. Yes, my wife and I are the proprietors of Sir Dano's Pizza Parlor, located at 496 N. Indiana Ave., in Sellersburg, Indiana. We are directly across from Silver Creek Middle School. I was told by a friend that Sir Dano's had made the big time and was being discussed on Clark County Chatter.

We have been in business since 2005 and hope to open an additional location mid summer in the Clarksville area.

Quasar compared us to some place called Pizza King, but our pizza is Sir Dano's style, "Squarely the Best!"

Hope to see you soon.

Sir Dano
  • Tina likes this

#6 JeffreyEsarey

JeffreyEsarey

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Pizza King style pizza, but with a lunch buffet that you can't get at Pizza King. Plus the buffet has spaghetti and sandwiches.
We really like the place .. Very reasonable prices, too. Our family makes the trek there from Jeffersonville every so often.
  • Tina likes this

#7 Hoosiermata

Hoosiermata

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Love their pizza!

#8 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

I've driven by before. I will have to come out and check your place out sometime soon! I prefer a local pizza over a chain anyday!

#9 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

We are regular customers! Me and the kids love it! Plus, unlike Pizza King - they deliver!! :)

#10 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Anyone know?

'EDIT'D'

I buy pizza's from'em.......ain't a main staple but.....me'be....?.....dunno.....dozen a yr or so.....best snack pizza go'n :thumbsup:

(oh.....yeah......IF I'm wrong on'a info.....sumbody correct me......) An I WAS!.....thanks fer the correction......

Edited by Bikerdude, 28 December 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#11 Chico

Chico

BANNED TROLL

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

The business was previously Pizza King, and it looks like the new owners just carried on with that recipe.

#12 Chico

Chico

BANNED TROLL

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hello. Yes, my wife and I are the proprietors of Sir Dano's Pizza Parlor, located at 496 N. Indiana Ave., in Sellersburg, Indiana. We are directly across from Silver Creek Middle School. I was told by a friend that Sir Dano's had made the big time and was being discussed on Clark County Chatter.

We have been in business since 2005 and hope to open an additional location mid summer in the Clarksville area.

Quasar compared us to some place called Pizza King, but our pizza is Sir Dano's style, "Squarely the Best!"

Hope to see you soon.

Sir Dano

Didn't see your post. My wife and I were in recently and had good service. I remember this type of pizza from the old Pizza King in Charlestown. We ate at your place years ago occasionally when it was Pizza King also.

#13 Sir Dano

Sir Dano

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

:whistle:

I tell ya.....ain' no body got a mem'ry no more....me'be stuff jus'don' 'stick' in peoples minds....?.....I dunno

:logik: ......Could be wrong but ......don't think I am......the 'owner' if ain' m'staken.....is or was a County Police Officer (Floyd,I think....)......some yrs back,he and a co-officer respond'd to a call in....? Georgetown .....b'lieve.....to a 'disturbance' call.....long story short,some nutjob,kid whacko open'd fire on both officers ......needless ta say.....1 officer did'n survive :no: .....this dude man sustain'd gunshot injuries as well,an' is lucky ta be here.......
deceased officer..? Denzinger,I b'lieve.....write it down so ya don' fergit.....man had wife an' kids....

I buy pizza's from'em.......ain't a main staple but.....me'be....?.....dunno.....dozen a yr or so.....best snack pizza go'n :thumbsup:

(oh.....yeah......IF I'm wrong on'a info.....sumbody correct me......)

Hello again. Biker Dude your half right, those fine Floyd County deputies were involved in a terrible situation in Georgetown. Unfortunately, shortly thereafter two Jeffersonville police officers were involved in a similar situation at the Motel 6 where myself and another officer were seriously injured after being fired upon by a real winner. So, Biker Dude your memory wasn't to far off.

Now, let's get back on topic and continue discussing just how dandy Sir Dano's Pizza Parlor really is.

Sir Danos

#14 Hoosiermata

Hoosiermata

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Glad you and your coworker are ok Sir Dan O! I remember that your injuries were pretty serious.

#15 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hello again. Biker Dude your half right, those fine Floyd County deputies were involved in a terrible situation in Georgetown. Unfortunately, shortly thereafter two Jeffersonville police officers were involved in a similar situation at the Motel 6 where myself and another officer were seriously injured after being fired upon by a real winner. So, Biker Dude your memory wasn't to far off.

Now, let's get back on topic and continue discussing just how dandy Sir Dano's Pizza Parlor really is.

Sir Danos

:logik:
me'be can stay log'd in 'is time,LOL!....

Thanks fer the correction :thumbsup: .....glad ya still with us,and whutever ya do.....don' git rid'o the anchovies,hahahahaha! :laugh:
Rec'n it'a be 'delivry' till warm 'nuff ta roll in,hahahaha.......

#16 pyro

pyro

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Love the lunch buffet. I visit several times a year.

Edited by Quasar, 29 December 2012 - 10:52 AM.
Removed "strike through" for op.

#17 pyro

pyro

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Not sure where that line came from...Oh well.

#18 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 4,736 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Not sure where that line came from...Oh well.

Just fyi... there is a "strike through" button... fourth from the right in the post editor. You must have hit it accidentally...

#19 GreenShoes

GreenShoes

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

The boyfriend and I ate there a few nights ago and I LOVE it! My first time eating there and will definitely be back! Would like to try the buffet- did I read that you have a weekend buffet as well? I work in Jeffersonville and can't get up there for lunch during the week.

#20 Sir Dano

Sir Dano

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

The boyfriend and I ate there a few nights ago and I LOVE it! My first time eating there and will definitely be back! Would like to try the buffet- did I read that you have a weekend buffet as well? I work in Jeffersonville and can't get up there for lunch during the week.

Thanks Green Shoes. I am glad you asked about our buffet because I have been meaning to post our buffet hours and info since it has been discussed by others in the above post, but have been a little busy lately.

We currently have a weekday lunch buffet, Monday thru Friday from 11am til 130p. The cost is a flat $7.00 and includes All You Can Eat salad, baked spaghetti, breadsticks, Texas BBQ sandwiches, Stromboli sandwiches & pizza. Oh, this includes your drinks too.

We also have a Friday night buffet 5p-8p, All day Saturday buffet 11a-8p and Sunday buffet 12p-4p. All the same great food choices. The price for Friday night and weekend buffet is slightly higher at $7.44.

Just additional information we offer dine in, carry out and delivery. We have a very large delivery area. Call 246-3346

Sir Dano

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users