137 replies to this topic

#41 puffaloopus47

puffaloopus47

Councilman

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Was the Animal Shelter aware of what happened to the first dog? If not, how can they protect the second? Are they aware of what this man does? Have you told them? Have you told anyone else? If not, how can it be stopped and the dog be placed in a more secure home?

my point exactly, unless they know what is going on they can't stop him from getting another dog!

#42 TrishR

TrishR

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

Rally Thursday Sept 27th at 3p on the Clark County
Court House on Court Av in Jeffersonville. Please join us.

J B Ogle is trying become NO KILL but ......

Clark County Commissioners have refused to pay their share of running the J B Ogle Animal Shelter for the last 3 years!

The money has been allocated by the council but the commissioners refuse to approve.

Please join us in trying to convince the commissioners in paying for a service that we the taxpayers see them use everyday.

Thousands of dogs and cats are brought to J B Ogle from county residents, we know it, they know it, why are they not paying?

See you there!

#43 Orange Guzzi

Orange Guzzi

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

Imagine what is going to be like when other pet projects start getting unfunded due to lack of money. With only 50% of the public paying taxes, tax dollars are going to start getting tighter. Pick your battles, museum, city art, boat ramp, ball park, live animals. Our Republic was not set up to pay for these types of pet projects.

When someone brings up a project to bring tourist dollars to our area, they should stand in front of a mirror with their family and say we are spending our money in our own community. When you vacation outside of your home town, you are cheating me and your neighbor out of your money.

Edited by Orange Guzzi, 27 September 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#44 Fact Checker

Fact Checker

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Clark County Commissioners have refused to pay their share of running the J B Ogle Animal Shelter for the last 3 years!

The money has been allocated by the council but the commissioners refuse to approve.

Please join us in trying to convince the commissioners in paying for a service that we the taxpayers see them use everyday.

Thousands of dogs and cats are brought to J B Ogle from county residents, we know it, they know it, why are they not paying?

See you there!

Do you think the commissioners really care about your rally? They will probably slide through the back door and not even see you. They know they can do whatever they want and still be re-elected. Stephenson and Coffman must win. It's now or never Clark County folks!!

#45 TrishR

TrishR

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

You're right the Commissioners slip into the court house without seeing the rally. I guess they'll have to watch to local news to see what happened.

We attended the meeting and were allowed to speak. Les Young read a prepared statement saying that they are "working on it" and we will have an answer in 4 to 5 weeks.

#46 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

I didn't want to start a new topic . I just saw on my Facebook that the J.B Ogle needs Paper towels and Kitten formula if anyone would like to donate .
  • kelley likes this

#47 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

The money has been allocated by the council but the commissioners refuse to approve

See you there!

:hmm: .....
:mad:
An' THIS's only 1 instance that......
YOU STOOPID,FOOK'n COMMISSIONERS... need'a GIT OFF'a YER DEAD FOOK'n donkey'S....an' give this place whut they NEED !.... :mad:

http://www.wave3.com...ng-for-suspects

.....4 ta 5 weeks?......?...... :mad:
can I STARVE all'a you (commish's....),an'.....keep med attn away from ya fer......4-5 weeks?....
le'me know.....be glad ta sit over ya an' smoke a pack....watch'n ya suffer...... :mad:

#48 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

Trish,

The paper cracked me up this morning when I read you sat a basket of kittens in front of them. It was a cute image, plus, I'd freak if someone did that to me. I'm allergic!

Sounds like there may be some movement, so good job!

#49 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

I assure everyone that when jack and I get into office if no headway is made on this it will be one of the first things on our agenda. No talk no negotiations just pay the diddly-dang bill.
  • GrumpyGranny and Not Super But Honest Mike like this

#50 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

I do not want to make this political but this is exactly the petty game playing that made me decide to run for County Commissioner. I am so tired of all the watching this go on. The Commissioners think they have the representative for the largest city in the county coming to their chambers begging for money must really stroke their egos. I must say they "THINK" the city reps are begging, the animal shelter is not begging for anything, it is just asking that the county commissioners honor an agreement.

This has nothing to do with evidence rooms or anything else the commissioners can come up with. It is about innocent animals that have been dealt a rotten hand in life. I know Sara and her staff and I know the anguish they go through when they see animals suffering.

One of Tanya's and my dogs came from the shelter and we love him. Write the darn check and let's move on with the business of the county.

Sorry for getting on my soapbox over this but animals that can not help theirselves need our protection. We need to care for the innocent whether it be animals or people.

Edited by RStephenson, 28 September 2012 - 11:24 AM.

• backinthegame likes this

#51 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

I am so sorry I was not there in support with the rest of you in regard to the Animal Shelter debacle.
My heart was with you.
When I am this emotionally involved with something I cannot control my mouth, temper and, yes, even my fists at times....if called for, even. at my age when it comes to the mistreatment of animals.
I would first have shown up with buckets for each one of the Councilmen....they certainly need them, they are some sick SOB'S!

When they throw money away on gaudy lights just so we match Louisville on the walkover bridge, build something completely over the top in that area not needed, tear things down that do not need to be, do survey after survey survey...for what?, allow a city employee to work on his private road with city equipment, build unwanted and unneeded sidewalks to nowhere, plant bushes and flowers, buy new trucks and cars
, put up new signs and tear down old ones BEFORE PUTTING FOOD INTO THE MOUTHS OF HUNGRY ANIMALS something stinks very badly in this town and that ENTIRE GOVERNING GROUP SHOULD BE
ASHAMED OF ITSELF!
Someone should go to the schools and give a little speech about city government.
You think the kids of these deadbeat councilmen would not have that money there by next week?
I am so sick ok these self rightous individuals who are only trying to make themselves look impressive instead of doing what they know is right.
People are losing their jobs and homes and throwing away their pets because they cannot afford them.
MOORE...Quit worrying about how frigging "pretty" everything looks and worry about helping something that can't help itself.
I am doing all I can. Are you?

Edited by jiyabird, 29 September 2012 - 07:14 AM.

#52 Orange Guzzi

Orange Guzzi

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

I agree there is lots of wasteful spending in all areas of government, from the local level all the way to the federal level. The out of control spending on things that the government was never intended to do is out of hand and the debt is being passed on to the future generations. The Constitution of the United States does not mention one thing about animal rights.

I stand by the council not releasing the funds to pay for unwanted animals. Let the private sector pay to house, feed and find homes for these animals. People that have such a soft spot in their heart for unwanted pets, should put more of their money where their mouth is and quit spending mine.

There are many hungry people in the community receiving government benefits, maybe they could be eating these unwanted animals. This would save the expense of feeding and housing the unwanted animals and reduce the amount of tax dollar used in feeding needy people. Dogs and cats are eaten regularly in other parts of the world.

Maybe we could could get some truth in advertising also. How much dogmeat is in a hotdog anyway?

People that choose to own animals should be taxed for the privilege. Its obvious it is a burden on the community as a whole or we would not be having this conversation. This is no different than a person that chooses to smoke, drink or owns a motor vehicle paying an excise tax. When someone gives a kitten to a kid thinking it is cute, they will think twice when they realize there are consequences.

Edited by Orange Guzzi, 30 September 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#53 Jeff all my Life

Jeff all my Life

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Except that the county signed up for this service. Pay the bill.i take care of my animals and add no burden to the county. And do you want to take away the senior citizens pet that maybe the only companion they have?

But hey, your comment about feeding pets to hungry people has probably ruined your credibility to most people on this topic. So I don't know why I even bothered.
  • Bikerdude likes this

#54 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I agree there is lots of wasteful spending in all areas of government, from the local level all the way to the federal level. The out of control spending on things that the government was never intended to do is out of hand and the debt is being passed on to the future generations. The Constitution of the United States does not mention one thing about animal rights.

I stand by the council not releasing the funds to pay for unwanted animals. Let the private sector pay to house, feed and find homes for these animals. People that have such a soft spot in their heart for unwanted pets, should put more of their money where their mouth is and quit spending mine.

There are many hungry people in the community receiving government benefits, maybe they could be eating these unwanted animals. This would save the expense of feeding and housing the unwanted animals and reduce the amount of tax dollar used in feeding needy people. Dogs and cats are eaten regularly in other parts of the world.

Maybe we could could get some truth in advertising also. How much dogmeat is in a hotdog anyway?

People that choose to own animals should be taxed for the privilege. Its obvious it is a burden on the community as a whole or we would not be having this conversation. This is no different than a person that chooses to smoke, drink or owns a motor vehicle paying an excise tax. When someone gives a kitten to a kid thinking it is cute, they will think twice when they realize there are consequences.

SORRY ABOUT THIS GRANNY BUT- I know this guy and have for years and I am sorry to say I do because he is one SICK *****r *****r. There is something that I would like to feed him and it does not go in through the mouth.
Guzzie, I am sick and tired about hearing about YOUR money going toward the animals! I am not happy with where alot of MY money goes but you do not hear me on here griping about it.
Next time you get hungry go eat your cat!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • hoosiertaxpayer, RiverFox and Bikerdude like this

#55 Fact Checker

Fact Checker

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

You're right the Commissioners slip into the court house without seeing the rally. I guess they'll have to watch to local news to see what happened.

We attended the meeting and were allowed to speak. Les Young read a prepared statement saying that they are "working on it" and we will have an answer in 4 to 5 weeks.

You wouldn't have been allowed to speak if this had not been an election year. Nothing would get done. All they are doing are pandering for your votes. Don't fall for the trap. Vote Stephenson and Coffman!!
  • Not Super But Honest Mike, Bikerdude and backinthegame like this

#56 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

SORRY ABOUT THIS GRANNY BUT- I know this guy and have for years and I am sorry to say I do because he is one SICK *****r *****r. There is something that I would like to feed him and it does not go in through the mouth.
Guzzie, I am sick and tired about hearing about YOUR money going toward the animals! I am not happy with where alot of MY money goes but you do not hear me on here griping about it.
Next time you get hungry go eat your cat!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

well......at least she told Granny she was sorry.....

#57 hoosiertaxpayer

hoosiertaxpayer

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

I like her spunkPosted Image

#58 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

:thumbsup:
Congrats on b'come'n the most vile, sadistic sum***ch on'a forum,dude!.....Yaaaaayyyy,huh?....... :wacko: ......

SADly.....theys a lil' truth in yer statement......if yer in'a 3rd world or poor'r nation,or hole in'a wall.....BUT..... :logik: .....on'a same token.....theys some forms o' people,tribes ...whutever.....that eat.....people..... :sick: .....yeah,sic,huh?.....
SOOoooo.....rec'n it'd be OK ta put'cher kids on'a menu,huh?.....'bout same diff'rnce,ain't it?.... :dry:

An' fer the record.....ain't a stink'n dime o'yer $$....does NUTHIN fer me....or my dogs... :mad: .....blow 'at smoke up sumbody else's azzz..... :mad:

Last.....I ain' a treehugger.....vegan,vegetarian....NONE o' that,far from it...BUT.....still DON'T think ANY animal should be ABUSED or NEGLECT'D PERIOD.....I also eat meat.....don' mean the stuff in'a follow'n vid don't discust'a hell out'a me cause.....it DOES....enjoy this serve'n up yer next meatloaf,cuzzz.....by YER logic.....(be'n as most sane peoples pets are like 'kids' to'em)could be yer kids,huh?.....
Oh....yeah......have good even'n...... :dry:
(any o' the rest o' ya?.....watch at yer own d'scretion....)
http://www.meatvideo.com/

Edited by Bikerdude, 30 September 2012 - 08:05 PM.

• RiverFox likes this

#59 Orange Guzzi

Orange Guzzi

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

I know this guy and have for years and I am sorry to say I do because he is one SICK *****r *****r. There is something that I would like to feed him and it does not go in through the mouth.

.....I might be threatened with SLANDER again!!!!

When they throw money away on gaudy lights just so we match Louisville on the walkover bridge, build something completely over the top in that area not needed, tear things down that do not need to be, do survey after survey survey...for what?, allow a city employee to work on his private road with city equipment, build unwanted and unneeded sidewalks to nowhere, plant bushes and flowers, buy new trucks and cars
, put up new signs and tear down old ones

I am not happy with where alot of MY money goes but you do not hear me on here griping about it.

Some people just don't know which side of their mouth to talk out of.

And do you want to take away the senior citizens pet that maybe the only companion they have?

Hopefully Obama will get re elected and granny won't get thrown over a cliff and we won't have to share recipes. But just in case, I will share a couple.

Note: Edited by GG to remove sickening content.

Note to Orange Guzzi: This is one granny who isn't going to be thrown over a cliff, but you are one member who will be thrown over a cliff if you ever post anything like the deleted contents of this post again.

#60 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Guzzie-Another thing you need to remember when you gripe about your tax money...think about all the money that pets generate. There are thousands of veterinarians, their offices and employees plus the supplies and the taxes on those supplies, the salaries paid to those people that goes back into the economy. There are the millions of dollars spent for pet food, toys, clothing, treats, training, otc medicines, housing, books and supplies....most of it taxed, all adding to the economy. Breeders get sales fees which are taxed, shelters get adoption fees, pet stores collect taxes and so it goes.
Now tell me about how these heart warming creatures are not worth our time and trouble nor how we do not owe them the courtesy of seeing to it that they are at least fed when worthless human beings no longer care for them, including (apparently) you. :hmm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users