137 replies to this topic

#21 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hate to pee in your dog bowl, but these pet projects are why the country is so far in debt. Just because you think all animals are important does not justify raising my taxes and putting our children further in debt. If you care so much, take the pets home and feed and care for them your self. It is not my responsibility to support someone elses pet project. Hey my motorcycle needs a couple of new tires, should the county tax payers pay for them? If there are excess animal, kill them or pay for their care out of your own pocket, not mine or my family.

As I have been posting lately, these hard money decisions are going to have to be made now and in the future. You should feel lucky that you are not so broke at this time that you are not trying to decide on eating Buddy or Woofy for diner tonight.
My Romney's new add showing a mother holding a baby and telling it that it is $50,000 in debt is a half truth. If only 53% of American are paying federal taxes then the baby could possibly be $100,000 in debt and growing. Since my family is part of the 53%, we owe $300,000 and we just can't afford to feed these pets.

Bad mouth me all you want for saying such things, but some of you just can't handle the truth. Just read where the Greater Clark County Schools are broke. Should we neglect our children or feed the dogs?

:hmm:
Dude...... :mad: ......1st.....le'me say....I'a never be 'at GD hungry...too many other options(dumpsters,soup lines....whutever....)
'Far'as be'n 'broke'....ain't nuth'n ya can put over on me 'at 1 neither....SELFemploy'd...in'a const field....NO unemployment cheks in 'is house.....they's times in'a past 3 yrs wonder'd where my next fook'n cracker was come'n from....much less anythin' else but.....like I said on'a school thread where they was THROW'N FOOD in'a TRASH.....my DOGS ain' never miss'd a meal...EVER..... :no: ...an' they WON'T neither..... :no:

:logik:
I'm real close ta my dogs dude.....closer'n most are ta they kids....4 of'm here know'd the sound/tone o' my voice 'fore they could even SEE....come 1st an' formost 'fore ANYthin'....even me....soooo....'far as serve'n 1 of'm up on'a table?.... :wacko: ....I'a take a bullet ta the GD head first....ever gits THAT bad....I'd send a text ta my young'n,or sumbody else 'at matters say'n 'Git here NOW!'.....an' they'd find instructions as ta whut ta do with my kids...Yeah....crazy,huh?....'ats just the way it is.... :whistle:

Oh....?....would'n be some o' you kinfolk,would it?.....
http://www.wave3.com...ng-dog-to-death

Edited by Bikerdude, 19 September 2012 - 08:01 PM.

#22 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

"ALL OUR CHILDREN"!!! Well, I chose to not have children. So I want MY MONEY to go toward animals! I get sick and tired of seeing all of these people having child after child after child when they cannot afford them and then expecting me and everyone else to pay for them.
It is not MY responsibility to support someone else's kid , just as you feel it is not your responsibility to support someone elses 'pet project'.

Pet projects ARE NOT what has this country in debt. It is the sending of jobs overseas and handing out welfare to people too lazy to work and those who continue to breed like flies and get paid for doing it!

I do more than my share of rescuing and feeding homeless pets. Dick and I rescued over 35 cats, paid for their spaying and neutering and their shots and found them homes. Did the same for numerous dogs. I paid to have several parrots rescued from horrible conditions, bought cages and placed in wonderful homes. I have helped Save That Dog animal shelter for some time. I have rescued cats and dogs and given them a home for the past 40 years and am paying over $1000 to have a rescued dog treated for heartworms right now, the 4th dog I have seen through heartworm treatment. I have bought animal food for complete strangers. Dick and I fed 15+ stray cats around the shop for 32 years
cats that people had just thrown away. Don't be telling me about MY responsibility.

I have no time nor use for anyone who has no heart or compassion for an animal. These creatures cannot take care of themselves and depend on us, who supposedly have brains, to supply them with food and shelter.

If these coldhearted jerks, and sorry Granny I cannot call them anything but jerks, cannot see their way clear to pay this debt that they owe to these poor critters then they ought to find their butts out on the street.
These poor animals will be lucky to find a forever home as it is, they have already been thrown away and now there is a table full of uncaring soulless somethings or other that could give a spit less of what happens to them.

All animals are important and in some cases some animals are more important than some lowlife individuals (child molesters,rapists,murderers,that shooter in that theater, etc). God put animals on this earth the same as he did us.

If you cannot have compassion for an animal how can you have compassion for anything else?

Putting our children in debt? Get real....this country will NEVER be out of debt and besides, it is all on paper and all a joke anyway. The country, the world will always be in debt until Armageddon.

Schools are broke? Perhaps instead of surveying for a few docks or a jetty or a Riverstage or lights for a walkover bridge or sidewalks to nowhere or plantings not wanted down Highway 62 or new cars or garbage trucks or a canal that money should be going to the schools AND PAYING BILLS THAT ARE OWED TO THE ANIMAL SHELTER!

"Excess animals-kill them" oh honey-do not even come near me and make that statement, do not even come around me and say that! How dare you say that. How dare you!
If you want to run your mouth then start promoting birth control for all the babies these babies are having that they cannot afford and promote spaying and neutering to help control the animal population and promote animal adoption instead of breeding because people want to "see what the puppies will look like" or "so my kid can see what birth looks like."

By the way I HAVE gone without food to feed my animals and would do it again. You and others will say I am sick, maybe so, but this is the way I am and the way I want to be.
I have a loving, generous, compassionate, gentle heart and I am finding out more and more that I enjoy the company of animals much more than the company of people.
This post of yours has made me angrier than I have been in a long time, even over the trash. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:goodpost: .......

I'm with ya.Lady......mine eat 'fore I do......I make da*n sure of it....

#23 Orange Guzzi

Orange Guzzi

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

I love animals just like the rest of you animal lovers. Especially with barbeque sauce. Pets are a choice. Make the owner pay to keep them and tax the owners enough to cover the cost to feed, shelter and maintain excess animals in the community. Make the vetinarians in the area collect a excise tax to cover the cost of pet ownership in the county. None pet owners should not be required to carry the tax burden of such personal choices. And yes people are not the same as Gods creatures even though some people treat their pets like children. A yes I do own a cat, Tinker, she is a rescue cat that is spayed and has never had babies. I except full responsibility for her food, shelter and maintenance.

Since so many think that others should carry the finacial burden for other peoples choice, why not take up a collection and send me to a "shrink", dentist, neuro surgeon, colorectal surgeon, plastic surgeon and hair transplant since my bald spot make me so angry everytime I look in a mirror. Whats good for the goose is good for the Orange Guzzi.

#24 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

I love animals just like the rest of you animal lovers. Especially with barbeque sauce. Pets are a choice. Make the owner pay to keep them and tax the owners enough to cover the cost to feed, shelter and maintain excess animals in the community. Make the vetinarians in the area collect a excise tax to cover the cost of pet ownership in the county. None pet owners should not be required to carry the tax burden of such personal choices. And yes people are not the same as Gods creatures even though some people treat their pets like children. A yes I do own a cat, Tinker, she is a rescue cat that is spayed and has never had babies. I except full responsibility for her food, shelter and maintenance.

Since so many think that others should carry the finacial burden for other peoples choice, why not take up a collection and send me to a "shrink", dentist, neuro surgeon, colorectal surgeon, plastic surgeon and hair transplant since my bald spot make me so angry everytime I look in a mirror. Whats good for the goose is good for the Orange Guzzi.

What is good for the goose is good for jiyabird-people who do not have children should not be required to carry the tax burden of such personal choices.

Now, how are you going to segregate us?:rolleyes:
  • Bigfoot likes this

#25 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Who let the dogs out.......woof..woof..........woof..woof. Who let the dogs out!!!!

This will be in your head all day now. Sing along........Who let the dogs out.....

#26 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

What is good for the goose is good for jiyabird-people who do not have children should not be required to carry the tax burden of such personal choices.

Now, how are you going to segregate us?:rolleyes:

Good point. Those home owners who do not have children should not have to pay school taxes on their property tax if folks think only one group should foot the bill for a service. What if a non-pet owner had a issue with a rabbid dog on your property. Who you gonna call? Not GhostBusters. But Animal Control. What would you do if they said they couldn't help you since your not a pet owner and didn't pay your pet taxes for the year?

I believe tax responsibilites should be shared equally between everyone living in a community. That is why we ALL pay school taxes with our property tax.

#27 TrishR

TrishR

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

County Councilman Brian Lenfert said that money was appropriated for this year.

“I think that payment has previously been paid out of contract services,” he said. “We did not cut the commissioners’ budget in the contract services line item.”

After searching through a stack of budget documents, Lenfert said the commissioners had submitted a request of $354,000 in the contract services budget and that was the same amount that was approved. He continued that a line-item for the animal shelter had been built into that fund.

“The city of Jeff[ersonville] animal shelter is on here for $66,150,” Lenfert said. “I’m not going to tell the commissioners what claims they approve, because that’s not our responsibility. There is a line item that they submitted that includes money for the animal shelter."

After talking to the helpful people in the auditors' office I received a copy of the $354,000 Contract Services expenditures for this year. As of 9-19-12 the balance is $99,280.68.

John, Ed, and Les please approve the claim of $66,150 to the animal shelter and stop acting like teenage school girls !!!
  • TLIES, Not Super But Honest Mike and lighthouse like this

#28 Orange Guzzi

Orange Guzzi

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Good point. Those home owners who do not have children should not have to pay school taxes on their property tax if folks think only one group should foot the bill for a service. What if a non-pet owner had a issue with a rabbid dog on your property. Who you gonna call? Not GhostBusters. But Animal Control. What would you do if they said they couldn't help you since your not a pet owner and didn't pay your pet taxes for the year?

I believe tax responsibilites should be shared equally between everyone living in a community. That is why we ALL pay school taxes with our property tax.

Mixing cats and dogs it sounds like. I can't truly believe some here think a human being is no more important than an animal. I guess God created gays and lesbians so animals could have parents too.

How many rabid animals are found and killed in the county each year? Bullets are not that expensive.

And yes I agree, if I don't have a child in the public school, I should not have to pay taxes to support the school. My child is home schooled so we are paying twice for her education. After going to a graduation at Charlestown High school and seeing a young man get a diploma and can not read or write, we decide public education was all number$. This same guy is now has three children, never had a job and lives off government benefits.

I don't believe the government way is the better way to take care of our public problems.

#29 Abbysnana62

Abbysnana62

Commissioner

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

Mixing cats and dogs it sounds like. I can't truly believe some here think a human being is no more important than an animal. I guess God created gays and lesbians so animals could have parents too.

How many rabid animals are found and killed in the county each year? Bullets are not that expensive.

And yes I agree, if I don't have a child in the public school, I should not have to pay taxes to support the school. My child is home schooled so we are paying twice for her education. After going to a graduation at Charlestown High school and seeing a young man get a diploma and can not read or write, we decide public education was all number$. This same guy is now has three children, never had a job and lives off government benefits.

I don't believe the government way is the better way to take care of our public problems.

You are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone on this forum. Saying that, I believe that children are a gift from God. I also believe that animals should not be mistreated. I love my Lilly (my Yorky) and I take full responsibiity for her. I do not expect anyone to have to clean up after her, nor do I expect anyone to pay for her shots, grooming, etc. As I said in another post, I am all about personal responsibility. I do realize there are some (especially childless) people who want to treat their animals like their children, that is their choice. I do find it sickening when people will spend a fortune on their pets while children are starving, but again, that is their choice. As far as any man whose children are on government benefits, shame on him. If a man is not supporting his own family, than he should be ashamed of himself.

#30 TLIES

TLIES

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

As far as any man whose children are on government benefits, shame on him. If a man is not supporting his own family, than he should be ashamed of himself.

Sorry off topic.
I respect your opinion but...
With prices as high as they are & over 8% unemployment. IMO - That is an awful broad statement.

There are people out there who have lost a lot and are trying to get back on their feet. Some need a hand up not a hand out.
Not everyone is out to abuse the system. Sometimes it just takes 1 or 2 months of benefits to get someone by between jobs.

Edited by TLIES, 20 September 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#31 Abbysnana62

Abbysnana62

Commissioner

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

Sorry off topic.
I respect your opinion but...
With prices as high as they are & over 8% unemployment. IMO - That is am awful broad statement.

There are people out there who have lost a lot and are trying to get back on their feet. Some need a hand up not a hand out.
Not everyone is out to abuse the system. Sometimes it just takes 1 or 2 months of benefits to get someone by between jobs.

My husband and I recently moved here and he has to work 2 jobs right now just to support his family. It can be done, and he is 50 and trust me it is not easy on him. There are plenty of jobs out there, and they may not be the job someone wants but when you have a family to feed, you cannot be too picky. You really don't have to tell me about someone who has lost alot, trust me. :no:

#32 puffaloopus47

puffaloopus47

Councilman

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

As far as any man whose children are on government benefits, shame on him. If a man is not supporting his own family, than he should be ashamed of himself.

I gotta go with Tlies on this one- I don't know if you were referring to someone who can work and who can find work but chooses NOT to or if you were referring to anyone who ever receives government benefits-I would advise being more specific, but I for one know that there are times when individuals must rely on government benefits to ensure that one's children do NOT starve or suffer medically. I consider it a hand up as well and not a hand out when someone needs government benefits to get through a tough time. It is no more a handout then Medicare and Social Security are when you have worked all your life and paid your taxes and then suddenly find yourself in dire straits and need government assistance to help out for a while and noone should be ashamed of themselves if they need this type of assistance or made to feel ashamed!!
  • TLIES likes this

#33 Abbysnana62

Abbysnana62

Commissioner

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

I gotta go with Tlies on this one- I don't know if you were referring to someone who can work and who can find work but chooses NOT to or if you were referring to anyone who ever receives government benefits-I would advise being more specific, but I for one know that there are times when individuals must rely on government benefits to ensure that one's children do NOT starve or suffer medically. I consider it a hand up as well and not a hand out when someone needs government benefits to get through a tough time. It is no more a handout then Medicare and Social Security are when you have worked all your life and paid your taxes and then suddenly find yourself in dire straits and need government assistance to help out for a while and noone should be ashamed of themselves if they need this type of assistance or made to feel ashamed!!

I am a mom and a grandmother, why in the world would I be referring to someone who has no other choice? Who are we kidding? Abuse of the system has been going on for years and continues to get worse. If I was not interested in helping those in real need I would not be going to school at my age to become a social worker. I want to help those in real need and was tired of griping about the system, I want to do my part in really helping those who really need it. I know people (including family members) who have struggled even while working and cannot get any benefits they actually deserve because of those who have made it a career to live on government assistance. Let's be real here.

#34 TLIES

TLIES

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

I am a mom and a grandmother, why in the world would I be referring to someone who has no other choice? Who are we kidding? Abuse of the system has been going on for years and continues to get worse. If I was not interested in helping those in real need I would not be going to school at my age to become a social worker. I want to help those in real need and was tired of griping about the system, I want to do my part in really helping those who really need it. I know people (including family members) who have struggled even while working and cannot get any benefits they actually deserve because of those who have made it a career to live on government assistance. Let's be real here.

My perception was based on what you wrote.

why in the world would I be referring to someone who has no other choice?

I have no idea, that is why I thought it was such a broad statement.

Back to the dogs. :yes:

Edited by TLIES, 20 September 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#35 puffaloopus47

puffaloopus47

Councilman

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

I was just going with what you said "As far as any man whose children are on government benefits, shame on him. If a man is not supporting his own family, than he should be ashamed of himself." Right now it is an employers market and for all of those jobs out there-there are 10 people for each 1 job so someone is gonna be without work and need assistance and I can't see making them feel any worse about themselves then they probably already do.

But back on subject. The county needs to pay up! They got the money allocated so pay the bill! And the animal shelter-such a positive difference an animal loving director can make.
  • TLIES likes this

#36 Abbysnana62

Abbysnana62

Commissioner

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

I was just going with what you said "As far as any man whose children are on government benefits, shame on him. If a man is not supporting his own family, than he should be ashamed of himself." Right now it is an employers market and for all of those jobs out there-there are 10 people for each 1 job so someone is gonna be without work and need assistance and I can't see making them feel any worse about themselves then they probably already do.

But back on subject. The county needs to pay up! They got the money allocated so pay the bill! And the animal shelter-such a positive difference an animal loving director can make.

I agree!! I was so glad when Tom Galligan brought Sarah in!!

#37 Orange Guzzi

Orange Guzzi

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Lets throw some gas on the fire.

I know a man that lives in Jeffesonville who has a rescue dog. He takes good care of the dog, feeding it fresh roast beef, canned stew and many other human foods from a can. He receives two types of government assistance and does not work even though he is fully capable of doing so. I have seen him split fire wood all day, cut grass, climb trees, crawl under cars and many of manual labor jobs. And now lets me throw the gas, stand back, you may get burned. He recently got his new dog because his last dog died. Sadie, the beautiful germanshephard died when he place her in his car one night last summer because she would not quit barking. Sadie, the beautiful german shepherd was left in the car all night and was found the next day around 7 p.m. when a friend arrive and asked where she was. She had died from the heat. The owner did not remember where he had put her and the two start calling and looking for her. The owner did not remember because he had been in his house smoking up his $2,500.00 in crack cocaine he just bought and was paranoid and annoyed from Sadies barking, so he broke down and told me. He was remorseful for a time and until the need for another fix was needed. Sadie and the new dog both ate very well because the owner was also going to several food pantries to get food that was meant for needy children and feeding it to the dogs. Good thing the animal shelter is protecting our animal population.
  • Abbysnana62 likes this

#38 puffaloopus47

puffaloopus47

Councilman

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

In that case ^ I would be spreading his name around all of the animal shelters and rescue leagues, reporting him to the police-what he did to Sadie is punishable by law, AND if he's on SS disability, take videos of him performing those tasks you said he does and go see your locally SS disability office-as that is fraud. Also share his name with local food banks and let them know what is going on!

Edited by puffaloopus47, 20 September 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#39 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

My husband and I recently moved here and he has to work 2 jobs right now just to support his family. It can be done, and he is 50 and trust me it is not easy on him. There are plenty of jobs out there, and they may not be the job someone wants but when you have a family to feed, you cannot be too picky. You really don't have to tell me about someone who has lost alot, trust me. :no:

I really enjoy how we are able to go float from one topic to another on this chat, it really makes it interesting.

Trying to support a family or even to support one's self...tell me about it! I may live in a huge home but believe you me it is a day to day struggle to try and keep it. People drive by and probably think I am as rich as all get out...sure, that is why I am selling all my furniture and having yard sales. Nine years ago I had no problem.
When the government and the powers that be continue to raise prices at a whim, raise taxes, raise gas prices, go thru money like pouring water out of a shoe and take away jobs to send them over seas it makes me wonder where their heads are. When greedy companies send companies overseas because they want to put more profits into their own pockets is when we should stop buying what they are selling. We should make them return the jobs here. Sure the product may cost more but if the jobs return here then we will have more to spend. Plus, we will not have to worry about China trying to poision our children or our pets.

Just like that show Sharktank. I love it but whenever someone comes up with a good idea and wants to manufacture it in the US one of the Sharks starts going on about how cheap it can be done overseas and needs to be taken out of the country. Really ticks me off. One of our big problems.
At some point people are simply not going to have the money to pay to buy things OR pay for the food stamps to be given away or the welfare to be handed out or pay taxes period. We cannot all be on the dole when there is no one to contribute to it.
Your sweet husband is having to work two jobs because so many people do not want to even work ONE job and WE have to support them.:console:

Edited by jiyabird, 20 September 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#40 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Lets throw some gas on the fire.

I know a man that lives in Jeffesonville who has a rescue dog. He takes good care of the dog, feeding it fresh roast beef, canned stew and many other human foods from a can. He receives two types of government assistance and does not work even though he is fully capable of doing so. I have seen him split fire wood all day, cut grass, climb trees, crawl under cars and many of manual labor jobs. And now lets me throw the gas, stand back, you may get burned. He recently got his new dog because his last dog died. Sadie, the beautiful germanshephard died when he place her in his car one night last summer because she would not quit barking. Sadie, the beautiful german shepherd was left in the car all night and was found the next day around 7 p.m. when a friend arrive and asked where she was. She had died from the heat. The owner did not remember where he had put her and the two start calling and looking for her. The owner did not remember because he had been in his house smoking up his $2,500.00 in crack cocaine he just bought and was paranoid and annoyed from Sadies barking, so he broke down and told me. He was remorseful for a time and until the need for another fix was needed. Sadie and the new dog both ate very well because the owner was also going to several food pantries to get food that was meant for needy children and feeding it to the dogs. Good thing the animal shelter is protecting our animal population.

Was the Animal Shelter aware of what happened to the first dog? If not, how can they protect the second? Are they aware of what this man does? Have you told them? Have you told anyone else? If not, how can it be stopped and the dog be placed in a more secure home?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users