178 replies to this topic

#1 deerhunter

deerhunter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

How many on Chatter knew this was a bad move putting Mike Hutt in charge of Redevelopment. Where is he going to put his head now?

Edited by deerhunter, 05 June 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#2 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Is this true?

#3 deerhunter

deerhunter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Is this true?

Well I am waiting on a comment from OUR Mayor. I'm sure he will let us know.

#4 deerhunter

deerhunter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Monty would you tell us what you know about this. I understand Mike Moore discussed this with you before he dropped Mike Hutt like a wet wash rag.

#5 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Wow. Nice way to talk about another Chatter member. You win the mean award for the day.
  • IntegrityMatters, kelley, CaptainPicard and 3 others like this

#6 Jeff all my Life

Jeff all my Life

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

He's a political official who has taken shots at other political officials. I'd say it's fair game.
  • Details Matter likes this

#7 Bjohnson

Bjohnson

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

I never really had an issue w Mike Hutt but didnt like some of his antics. Now if the mayor would fire Waiz and Lovan he'd be back in my good graces.

#8 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yes, I was asked to resign, so I did.

Here is a little background as to why I was asked to resign. Monday night the city council and redevelopment held a joint meeting, well really two joint meetings. The first joint meeting (5 to 6 PM) was to discuss plans for the park or landing downtown where the big four ramp meets the ground. During the meeting it was brought out there have been no firm plans for the landing and the ramp should be open by April of next year. Rob Waiz, the redevelopment director, had his "Urban Trail" concept plan that he has been pushing for the last couple of months. This is not a very attractive plan for our downtown. I know 4 of 5 on redevelopment did not like it and at least 6 of 9 city council members did not like it.

After discussing this plan for about 40 minutes, the city council asked Peggy Duffy of Construction Solutions to bring out the landing plan (concept) that she put together for the city council. It received a good review from all present at the meeting. To me it was a much better design and more of a park like setting.

This morning Mike Moore called and asked me where I stood on the plans and I told him I liked the council's plan better. Mike then said he needed me to back his plan that was presented by Waiz. I told him I could not back that plan and I thought it was just ugly. Then Mike asked for me to resign.

I can not vote for a plan that I do not think is in the best interest of the citizens and the city of Jeffersonville. I will not be a rubber stamp for someone just because that person appointed me to a board position. I was open and honest with Mike and he was open and honest with me. If he wants a rubber stamp he needs to find one and appoint him/her to my position.

Prior to this, a couple months ago, Waiz presented a plan to the redevelopment commission to lease the old Insty Prints building downtown. The building is close to the corner of Pearl and Market. Waiz wanted to lease this building to a glass blower from Louisville for $1.00 a year for 2 years. The city paid around $400,000 for this property and I voiced that I did not support this type of lease. But before it came to a vote the man signed a lease in Louisville. This is another example of where I could not support the mayor or the redevelopment director.

Having said all this, I still support Mike as our mayor. I have no regrets supporting him in the election and have faith that he will make a good mayor. I also have no regrets in voting for what I thought was best for Jeffersonville.
  • GrumpyGranny, kelley, Quasar and 8 others like this

#9 Bjohnson

Bjohnson

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Thanks Mr. Hutt for your honesty and candor.

Now Mr. Mayor why appoint Waiz to one of the highest paid positions in Jeff when the majority of the people voted him out of office? The people do not want him in any position that we pay his salary. This is why #onetermmayor

#10 Jeff all my Life

Jeff all my Life

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thanks Mr. Hutt for your honesty and candor.

Now Mr. Mayor why appoint Waiz to one of the highest paid positions in Jeff when the majority of the people voted him out of office? The people do not want him in any position that we pay his salary. This is why #onetermmayor

Surely you've heard the rumored reason why Waiz was hired. If not you are welcome to PM and I will tell you.

#11 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Mike I know you're no one's "wet wash rag". You did the right thing. You voted the way you thought was best for the city. I respect that.
  • IntegrityMatters and Lillys Aunt like this

#12 wanda

wanda

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

Mayor Mike screwed the pooch on this decision. Seems to have forgotten who his friends are.

#13 deerhunter

deerhunter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Thanks Mike Hutt for your honesty. I am truely sorry because I know you love this City you just need to know who your friends are. Mike Moore used you to get elected and thats the sad part. I can see a long 3 1/2 years of turmoil.

#14 letmebeme

letmebeme

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Mike I know you're no one's "wet wash rag". You did the right thing. You voted the way you thought was best for the city. I respect that.

Well said :) :)

#15 lifetime resident

lifetime resident

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Yes, I was asked to resign, so I did.

Here is a little background as to why I was asked to resign. Monday night the city council and redevelopment held a joint meeting, well really two joint meetings. The first joint meeting (5 to 6 PM) was to discuss plans for the park or landing downtown where the big four ramp meets the ground. During the meeting it was brought out there have been no firm plans for the landing and the ramp should be open by April of next year. Rob Waiz, the redevelopment director, had his "Urban Trail" concept plan that he has been pushing for the last couple of months. This is not a very attractive plan for our downtown. I know 4 of 5 on redevelopment did not like it and at least 6 of 9 city council members did not like it.

After discussing this plan for about 40 minutes, the city council asked Peggy Duffy of Construction Solutions to bring out the landing plan (concept) that she put together for the city council. It received a good review from all present at the meeting. To me it was a much better design and more of a park like setting.

This morning Mike Moore called and asked me where I stood on the plans and I told him I liked the council's plan better. Mike then said he needed me to back his plan that was presented by Waiz. I told him I could not back that plan and I thought it was just ugly. Then Mike asked for me to resign.

I can not vote for a plan that I do not think is in the best interest of the citizens and the city of Jeffersonville. I will not be a rubber stamp for someone just because that person appointed me to a board position. I was open and honest with Mike and he was open and honest with me. If he wants a rubber stamp he needs to find one and appoint him/her to my position.

Prior to this, a couple months ago, Waiz presented a plan to the redevelopment commission to lease the old Insty Prints building downtown. The building is close to the corner of Pearl and Market. Waiz wanted to lease this building to a glass blower from Louisville for $1.00 a year for 2 years. The city paid around $400,000 for this property and I voiced that I did not support this type of lease. But before it came to a vote the man signed a lease in Louisville. This is another example of where I could not support the mayor or the redevelopment director.

Having said all this, I still support Mike as our mayor. I have no regrets supporting him in the election and have faith that he will make a good mayor. I also have no regrets in voting for what I thought was best for Jeffersonville.

Sooooooo, what if you had said no to resigning? Would M.M. just have had his feelings hurt and you would continue on in the current position? Politics, Ugh.

#16 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Sooooooo, what if you had said no to resigning? Would M.M. just have had his feelings hurt and you would continue on in the current position? Politics, Ugh.

I was appointed by the mayor, so I can be removed by the mayor. Asking me to resign is just the nice way of saying you are being replaced. Either way, I'm no longer a part of redevelopment. Politics is ugly. Adults sitting down and reaching an agreement on how to best move Jeffersonville forward will never happen. Its sad...
  • Quasar and Cracker Jack like this

#17 lifetime resident

lifetime resident

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

I was appointed by the mayor, so I can be removed by the mayor. Asking me to resign is just the nice way of saying you are being replaced. Either way, I'm no longer a part of redevelopment. Politics is ugly. Adults sitting down and reaching an agreement on how to best move Jeffersonville forward will never happen. Its sad...

I agree with you on that, I have watched the Politics one way or another for the last 30 years in Jeffersonville, and have seen it raise it's petty head and all the crud that goes along with it.And I know, it's just not Jeff, its everywhere . Power is what its about, and being perceived as having the most power. Oh well, Waa,Waa,Waa. Its not going to change, so make the best with what you got is what I'm going to keep doing.

#18 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

• Little Pickle likes this

#19 Hoosiermata

Hoosiermata

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

I kind of understand this. I mean, I get owing your gut and not agreeing to being someone's patsy. I also understand the mayor "stacking the deck" to push through his agenda. It's hard enough with the council bucking his every move.

Then again, I remember the Urban Trail plan- and I've always been a fan of it.

#20 Bjohnson

Bjohnson

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

I had a lengthy conversation w someone within the mayors office. Two months ago I posted about internal conflicts and lack of respect for our leaders decisions. I was told how off base I was. Well my conversation last night has confirmed its getting worse. Im also being told Waiz is calling more shots than we know.

At this point Im not sure how the mayor can regain support. Maybe have a press conference that Jeff is adding another park?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users