• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

I've heard that Papa John's is replacing the hunter station store destroyed last fall in the fire.

Anyone know where its going to be? Same owners?

#2 TamK

TamK

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

They are opening in the strip mall at the intersection of 311 and Hwy 60. I think they are in the spot that Preferred Meats had occupied there - near Aebersold Florist.
  • Quasar and MrsB4905 like this

#3 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

They will have to earn our business back. We've gotten quite used to Dominos. They really should have done something before now.
  • Quasar likes this

#4 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

They are opening in the strip mall at the intersection of 311 and Hwy 60. I think they are in the spot that Preferred Meats had occupied there - near Aebersold Florist.

Thank you TamK! I'll look for them there... :thumbsup:

#5 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

They will have to earn our business back. We've gotten quite used to Dominos. They really should have done something before now.

I'm ok with Dominos or PJ's if I need a quick and or cheap pie, but I sure prefer some of the other area parlors that take great pride in their pizza. We enjoyed a pizza from Cheezy's last night and I've become especially fond of the Tony Impellizzeri's pizza parlor in Sellersburg.

Glad to see PJ's back though and hope they do well.

#6 roundots

roundots

Councilman

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'm ok with Dominos or PJ's if I need a quick and or cheap pie, but I sure prefer some of the other area parlors that take great pride in their pizza. We enjoyed a pizza from Cheezy's last night and I've become especially fond of the Tony Impellizzeri's pizza parlor in Sellersburg.

Glad to see PJ's back though and hope they do well.

Where is Tony Impellizzeri's???

#7 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Where is Tony Impellizzeri's???

It's on Charlestown Rd going towards New Albany from Sellersburg in the little strip center just past Walgreens. It's where the little pizza joint called Bruno's used to be.

5170 CHARLESTOWN RD., New Albany, IN 47150

http://tipizza.com/

It's real good... be warned though, a small pizza is way more than two people would eat!

#8 roundots

roundots

Councilman

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

Thanks Q. I thought you meant there was one IN Sellersburg. I got overly excited.

#9 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

Thanks Q. I thought you meant there was one IN Sellersburg. I got overly excited.

I'm sorry, I know that's New Albany but it's so close to the area of Sellersburg where I am that I often just claim the area for Sellersburg! Posted Image

#10 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Wife and I are going to have to give Tony Impellizzeris a try.
  • Quasar likes this

#11 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

I love Pizza King style pizza so SirDanos in Sellersburg is my fave! :)

#12 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

Right after Papa John's burned we stopped at Sir Danno's. They were out of many of their toppings.

#13 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

I like Sir Dano's too... it has been a while since I ordered one but they used to make a pretty good Stromboli there!

#14 goody200

goody200

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

We dined at Tony Impellizzeri's pizza parlor in the early stages, had the worst service, terrible pizza and a bill that was over $43 for two. One pizza with two choices, one water and a tea. I understand growing pains but I will never, ever step foot in their door again.

#15 MrsB4905

MrsB4905

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

My hubby works at Papa John's they are right next door to where the Preferred Meats was. The PM sign is still on the door. He worked at Domino's when PJ's burnt down, and started at PJ's about a year ago. I never would and never will pay for Domino's they are a horrible place to work. They allow their employees to be treated like crap. Papa John's is SO much better!!

#16 MrsB4905

MrsB4905

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

If you haven't gone back to Papa John's already, give them a try! My hubby will get your pizza to you quick, fresh, and hot! If you have gone back, there's an excellent chance he's been the one to deliver it to you! ;-)

#17 Buckeye

Buckeye

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

We dined at Tony Impellizzeri's pizza parlor in the early stages, had the worst service, terrible pizza and a bill that was over $43 for two. One pizza with two choices, one water and a tea. I understand growing pains but I will never, ever step foot in their door again.

All restaurants have growing pains, but I don't let that stop me from returning to give them a second chance. I have been there three times and plan on a fourth trip tomorrow. You can't beat Tony Impellizzeri's pizza!!!! I have always had good service and taken leftover pizza home with me each time. On our first stop there, the waitress was kind enough to explain how filling their pizza's can be, so the two of us opted for just a small one and still took some home! I wish they had a larger establishment to accommodate more people!

#18 Ray Lawrence Parker

Ray Lawrence Parker

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Cheezy's lately. It's not too far from where we live, and I understand that it is owned by the former owner of Tubby's. We rarely eat pizza, but will have to try it next time we want to splurge. I also really like Pizza King. I grew up in Clarksville and always enjoyed it from the location that used to be on Eastern Boulevard. It's hard to explain a Pizza King 'za to someone who has never had it!

Edited by Ray Lawrence Parker, 12 July 2013 - 09:21 AM.

• Bigfoot and Tina like this

#19 dman

dman

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

It's not Clark County. But New Albanian (Sportstime) Deep Dish is king of the pizzas for me.
Can't get enough!

#20 GreenShoes

GreenShoes

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Mazerella's has become one of my faves- never tried Imperezilli's (spelling?) and would like to but forget that it's just down the road. I'd rather lick the bottom of my shoe than EVER eat Papa John's pizza again. I refuse to line the pockets of a man who makes inferior pizza, uses inferior products and lies about his hometown. I'd much rather pay a little more and help out the little guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users