2 replies to this topic

#1 Little Pickle

Little Pickle

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

On New Year's Eve my dog chewed several holes in a handmade quilt. I was sick as it was made by the mother of a friend of mine. That and I also paid quite a bit of money for it. Does anyone know if quilts can be repaired? I am certain it would never look the same but I was wondering if somehow it could be patched. I hate to just throw it in the trash as it is a relatively small area considering this is a bed-sized quilt. Anyone have any suggestions? (other than pull my dog's teeth out? - just kidding.)

#2 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

Quilts can be repaired. Is the hole clear through?
Would have to check to make sure they are still open, but there is a small quilt shop up by Hardy Lake that does a great job. I don't know how expensive it is. Would the person that made it have any of the material left over that it is made out of or is it a real old one? It would be a lot easier if you had some of that material. Don't throw it out--People make a lot of things out of old quilts.

#3 TamK

TamK

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

You might consider contacting a local fabric store or quilting shop to see if they could recommend someone who could repair it. The Quilting Bee Shop in Edwardsville, IN would probably be a good source to check out. Their website can be found at:
http://www.quiltingbeeshop.com/

Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users