35 replies to this topic

#1 Justme123

Justme123

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

CHEEZY'S PIZZA IS NOW OPEN!!!!! COME ON IN AND LET TUBBY COOK YOU A PIZZA!!! LOCATED AT 801 E. MARKET ST. ACROSS FROM JEFF BOAT!!! CALL 812-288-8500. delivery will start next week. tell us you read it on chatter!!!

#2 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:43 PM

I talked to your dad this morning. I'm so excited to finally have food cooked by "Tubby" again! He probably won't like me saying this because I get on him about it constantly, but please make sure he eats a good breakfast everyday. LOL!

Good luck to Cheezy's!

#3 Kevin Vissing

Kevin Vissing

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

I was in the Restaurant the other day. Glen Muncy has done a great job fixing that place up. I hear the pizza is just like he old Tubby's Pizza. Good Luck!

#4 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

Awesome! Independent pizzerias are the best...we can't wait to try it!

#5 Brian Coffman

Brian Coffman

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

I took my wife and son there for dinner tonight. It was awesome. It is wonderful to have some excellent pizza like that again. Thank you Felicia. Glen even came out of the kitchen long enough to talk to us for a while as well. If you go to Cheezy's you can expect an excellent pizza and some local service that is hard to find anywhere else.

#6 MBHeights1

MBHeights1

Top Retired Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

Post a menu if ya get a chance.....
:thumbsup:

#7 puffaloopus47

puffaloopus47

Councilman

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

Yum, Yum, had some Cheezy's Pizza and it was almost exactly like the old Tubby's-sauce a little different, but was so good!

#8 CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

Is this a smoking or non-smoking place?

#9 Professor02

Professor02

Rest In Peace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

Yum, Yum, had some Cheezy's Pizza and it was almost exactly like the old Tubby's-sauce a little different, but was so good!

The sauce is exactly the same but when you were in they had just ran out and had to open something new. They had so much business in the beginning that they ran out of some things.

#10 Professor02

Professor02

Rest In Peace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

Is this a smoking or non-smoking place?

It's totally non smoking. We ate there Saturday evening and really enjoyed it. The menu is fantastic and also reasonable prices. Glen and Felicia have done a tremendous job of fixing up the place and it is very comfortable, clean, and lots of interesting odds and ends hanging on the walls.

#11 BTM

BTM

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

Awesome! Boy I'm glad I joined this board.

#12 Justme123

Justme123

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

Thank you all so much for dining with us! we both have worked really hard to make the place presentable & make the good quality food that we served when we had the Original Tubby's on Spring street & (for a short time) on Middle road. I hope to see you all again real soon. If you haven't had a chance to stop by & visit yet just remember that there's a pizza here with your name on it!!! :)

Thanks so much,

Felicia Muncy

#13 JeffreyEsarey

JeffreyEsarey

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

Had dinner there tonight .. very good!! Everyone get out there and support your locally owned eateries!

#14 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Semi-Retired

• Administrators
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

I have moved this thread to Local Reviews since this forum is a better fit for the thread.

I'm happy to read so many great reviews, and can't wait to try Cheezy's. I love pizza!

#15 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

Had Tubby's baked spaghetti twice this week. The husband has done been there four times or more since they opened!

Had sm. spaghetti w/meatballs the first time; sm. deluxe spaghetti the second time. Totally blew the diet, but very happy with the food.

Have one issue: there needs to be personal-size pizzas on the menu. A 6" or 7" would be awesome. I really want a Mr. T, but my husband has an irrational fear of vegetables, and the daughters are vegetarians. I need my own pizza!

#16 roundots

roundots

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

So glad to know baked spaghetti is on the menu. I have missed Tubby's baked spaghetti for so long. No others can compare. I see a visit in my future this weekend!

#17 Justme123

Justme123

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

Thank you all so much for the great reviews! :) Kelley- I have added a 7" pizza to the new & improved menu that i am currently creating. Right now I'm offering a special on 7" 1-topping pizzas for only $4.99! :)

#18 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

Thank you all so much for the great reviews! :) Kelley- I have added a 7" pizza to the new & improved menu that i am currently creating. Right now I'm offering a special on 7" 1-topping pizzas for only $4.99! :)

Felicia, do you have a menu you could post here? Thanks!

#19 Buckeye

Buckeye

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

Finally tried Cheesy's saturday night (delivery) and the pizza was awsome. Well done!

#20 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Semi-Retired

• Administrators
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

I finally made it to Cheezy's this afternoon. Mom and I shared a 14" pizza, we each had a house salad and we split a small order of cheese bread. It was all great! It was more than we could eat, so of course we boxed up the leftovers. My hubby tried the pizza I brought home and declared it really good and wanted to know if they delivered (and this is a man who rarely eats pizza).

I think it's safe to assume we will be going back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users